- Material Name: Black pepper whole
- Scientific name: Piper nigrum L.
- General description: Black pepper is prepared from unripe pepper berries of the plant Piper nigrum L.
- Origin: Vietnam
- Ingredients: Black pepper
- Additives, coloring and flavoring agent: NO
- Other material requirements:
• It shall be GRAS or Generally Recognized as Safe
• It shall be Non-GMO or make from Non-GMO ingredients.
• It shall be free from any Non-Halal component/s.
• It shall be free from toxic non-permissible dyes or colorants.
• Density: 570gl min
• Moisture: 12.5% max
• Foreign mater: 0.2% max
• Aerobic Plate Count: 10,000 cfu/g max
• Total Coliform Count: 100 cfu/g max
• Yeast and Molds Count: 100 cfu/g max
• Aflatoxin B1: 5.0 ppm max
• Total Aflatoxin: 10 ppm max
• Irradiation: Negative
PACKING: in 25 or 50kg PP bags or 25kg kraft bags.
Shelf Life: 24 Months from the date of production.
Packing shall be suitable to the product’s characteristics. It shall provide protection against air, vapors, gases, odors, dust, light, moisture, pest and mechanical damages.
• It shall be clean and dry, intact and free from damages.
• It shall be free from visible molds,
• It shall be free from pest and damages caused from pest/s
• It shall be free from evidences of tampering, vandalism or intentional contamination.